Monday, May 27, 2013

Power of the Word & Spoken Prayer

Texas Weeds-May 2013-Natalie Lomas
  
 God spoke the universe into existence (see Genesis). Words have power. Elohim gave of His authority and made us in His image. This power is exemplified in many different ways. Some people exhibit gifting in music, others are fantastic gardeners that can get anything to grow. All people are capable of cultivating good fruit in spiritual life and relationships by believing and investing in the right words. 

The most important words are His. His Word is ever present, eternal and living. Any lost, confused, and forsaken can seek His Word for truth, wisdom and comfort. Prayer in agreement with His Word is monumental. Sharing His principles in our lives with loving, forgiving words is essential. 

I have been unexpectedly asked by friends (that I didn't even know too well at the time) if I would like them to pray with me right at that moment (and usually right at the right moment at that- i.e. when I was upset/concerned). They saw an emotional need and they were willing to give it over to Heavenly Father and become a little vulnerable to remind me of His power and love and the salvation through His Son. Those prayers that others have prayed for me have changed my life. These people helped paint a picture in my faith walk and they emboldened me to share that love and beauty with others by praying with them aloud as the need arose (regardless of how well I know them or whether it means stepping outside of my comfort zone). 

Though I always believed G-d existed, I only became really comfortable with talking with Him in the last few years. He showed me that sometimes our sweet, precious little ones need to hear us pray aloud as well. Whether it is a prayer in a desperate moment, a prayer to abate frustration and ask for angelic aid, or a prayer of comfort or blessing before bed, when children hear us pray they learn. They learn that we love them. They learn that there is someone always listening who they can cry out to anytime. I am trying to train my mouth and my mind in His service. I have my struggles, but I have faith that challenging moments only draw me nearer to My Father. I will cling to Him and depend on Him. It is a blessing to be here on Earth together where we can pray for and help one another.

Sketches of my loves in action - 2012-2013

I am thankful. I thank G-d for the blessings He continuously provides (He is always true to His promises) and for all of the gentle, patient reminders from wise ones about taking it slow, breathing and sharing the simple life with my family. Thank you to my friends and family who have encouraged me time and again with the flowering kindness of words of love and truth. Thank you Heavenly Father for showing me love without limit in Your miracles, Your Word, Yahushua and every day. 

 

Shalom - Natalie


No comments:

Post a Comment